I got a male convict chiclid because my female (Pook) was picking up rocks in her mouth and throwing them against my tank at night. Which would be fine, except that I sleep very light these days and the sound wakes me up all the time. Since her only other tank mate was a sucker fish (aptly named Sucky), I decided to journey to the city of Modesto to get a mate for my Pook.
That's when Skookum came in the picture. At first, Pook nipped at him and wouldn't let him eat the fish food, but after about a week she let up and my fish tank was in perfect harmony. It got even better when Pook laid her eggs. I was so excited to be finally getting a little fishie family, until Skookum ate the eggs. Then he started to nibble on Pook's scales, and then last night I see that Sucky is missing his right eye.
That little bastard Skookum ate out Sucky's eye!!! So I took him out of the tank and put him in another container that had warm water from the tank for him and plently of fishie food. And when I get home from class, I find out that Skookum rode the toilet express straight into the sewer plant that's clearly visible from the highway. So rest in peace you little bastard, and thanks for beating up Pook and eating Sucky's eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's almost as horrifying as the Hell-fish of Wal-Mart
Post a Comment